Through iClickShredders.co.uk, iClickStores supplies a variety of market leading brands of home and office shredders. One such shredder manufacturer is Martin Yale, who have recently announced they will be increasing the cost of their shredders, which unfortunately will be passed through to iClickShredders.co.uk customers. Read more…
All posts tagged shredder
Each month we run a competition, last month we ran a competition for a Rexel Prostyle Confetti Cut Shredder.
Cross cut office shredders are probably one of the most useful types of office shredders. Read more…
Document shredding has never been easier with cheap and easily available shredding machines seen in homes and offices around the world know as the paper shredder. This type of shredder would deal all the unwanted documents, may it be paper mails, unnecessary files, wrong print outs, scratch papers and other sheets of paper. These documents can pile up and consume precious spaces at home or in an office so a shredder is always a handy device to keep everything organized. Also, the waste material that comes out from the shredders is very optimal to be sold for recycling. Not only do shredders make a workplace or home organized, there is the potential for a small income along the way and there is an assurance that the paper that is shredded goes to the right place.
Industrial Cardboard Shredder
Shredders are most commonly used for paper shredding but many times there is a need for a cardboard shredder because workers always come across with cardboard sheets that usually come with the paper sheets. Many paper documents come with folders that may not be shredded with the use of paper shredders. Not only folders, there are also cardboard envelopes, cardboard boxes and other stuff made of cardboard that needs to be shredded. This would make this shredder appropriate if by any chance, there would be a need for a cardboard to be shredded. This type of shredder would give anyone no worries of the shredder getting clogged up because of cardboard load that is inserted. Also, after the cardboards are shredded, it is a very useful material for packaging which can be of great help to a business by reducing cost of packaging and it is environment friendly.
In relation to the cardboard shredding mentioned above, there are also shredders that are used specifically for cardboard cutting and slicing. This is the industrial cardboard shredder. Unlike the shredder that can take up small amounts of cardboard, the industrial shredder is built for big loads of cardboard shredding. This type of shredders is used by manufacturing companies that place their products on cardboard boxes and cardboard manufacturing companies. This shredder makes the packaging of the products much easier for the machines or the workers to accomplish.
With the manufacture of many different shredding machines, the accessories that come with them are also quickly made. The accessories are made to accompany the devices for a better shredding activity. The Shredders are usually manufactured with only a few different accessories. The two most common ones are the shredder waste bag and shredder oil. These accessories are used to maintain it and have a place to put the waste products in. These accessories make a shredder complete and gets the most out of having the device around to help organize your home or organisation. Read more…
In the usual office setting, there is always a time when there are a lot of documents that pile up which are no longer needed. It is that same time when the office workers are having a hard time looking for particular documents because there are many other documents to look through. This is where different types of office shredder come in. These shredders will solve the paper problem in any workplace. These shredders will make the lives of your workers easier because shredded paper is definitely distinguishable from the unshredded ones. Workers would just have to slip those unneeded documents then throw them away.
Identity Fraud is probably the fastest growing crime in the UK and it affects both businesses and individuals.Even though everyone thinks they know about identity fraud research has shown time and time again that it’s really not high up on the list of priorities of either consumers or businesses.
This week is National Identity Fraud Prevention Week; National Identity Fraud Prevention Week is a UK-wide effort to help in the battle against identity fraud.
Facts about Identity Fraud in the UK
According to National ID Fraud team:
- 95% of people believe ID fraud threatens them personally
- 7% of people states they have been victims of ID fraud
- 25% of people do not shred sensitive documents at home
- 88% of people who use social networking sites have shared items of personal information online that could be used by ID fraudsters
- 54% of people are concerned about having personal information stolen from organisations they deal with
- 96% of people are not completely confident that the organisations they deal with treat their personal information in such a way that it will not accidentally fall into the hands of identity fraudsters.
- 79% of employees admit identities could be at risk – yet 39% do not shred all high-risk documents before disposing of them when working away from their regular office environment, including 21% of victims.
- 61% of employees think their organisation should be doing more to ensure the secure handling of confidential documents relating to them, their colleagues and its customers.
- Company policies about identity fraud are down from 68% in 2008 to 52%; there is a corresponding increase in people’s lack of awareness about this issue (up from 11% in 2008 to 26% now) possibly reflecting employees’ verdicts on the effectiveness of policies.
Choosing the right shredder for your requirements
There are a number of different standards to the way shredders cut sensitive documents and it’s important that you choose the right shredder for your requirements.
Below you will find a list of the different DIN standards along with the level of sensitivity of a document.
- DIN Level 1 – General - Low Security Strips 12mm and thinner
- DIN Level 2 – Internal - Low-Medium Security Strips 6mm and thinner – Particles 800mm2 (max)“
- DIN Level 3 – Confidential - Medium Security Strips 2mm and thinner – Particles 4 x 80mm (max)
- DIN Level 4 – Secret - Medium-High Security – Particles 2 x 15mm
- DIN Level 4 – Top Secret - High Security – Particles 0.8 x 12mm
- DIN Level 4 – Highest Security - Particles 0.8 x 4mm
www.iClickShredders.co.uk: Supporting National Identity Fraud Prevention Week
iClick is fully behind the National Identity Fraud Prevention Week and realise one of the easiest ways to protect your personal and business data is to purchase a document shredder, visit www.iClickShredders.co.uk for more information.