Through iClickShredders.co.uk, iClickStores supplies a variety of market leading brands of home and office shredders. One such shredder manufacturer is Martin Yale, who have recently announced they will be increasing the cost of their shredders, which unfortunately will be passed through to iClickShredders.co.uk customers. Read more…
All posts tagged iClickShredders
Each month we run a competition, last month we ran a competition for a Rexel Prostyle Confetti Cut Shredder.
Cross cut office shredders are probably one of the most useful types of office shredders. Read more…
Protecting your documents is a very important task, especially in an office where un-needed documents can go to the wrong people hands if they are not being specially cared and do damage to you or your clients. That’s why a paper shredder is a must-have for offices.
Paper shredder is a device that cup paper into Chad. Paper shredders are used by Government organizations, businesses, offices and individuals to destroy private, sensitive documents. Privacy experts themselves often recommend businesses and individuals to use paper shredders in order shred any important documents they have, and they don’t want other people to use later. Even the US Federal Trade Commission recommends defending identity theft by shredding important financial documents.
There are many kinds of paper shredders, but the best paper shredders for offices are of course – office shredders. Office shredders are usually mid volume; those shredders are designed to be used by more than one person. They are faster and more massive than personal paper shredders. Advanced office shredders can also shred CD’s.
The Types of Office Shredders
There are many office shredders, so to make it easier for you; it’s possible to divide them by their shredding style. Each style has different advantages and is used for other activities.
- Cross-Cut Shredders – cross-cut shredders provide more security to the user by cutting the paper vertically and horizontally into little paper pieces. The disadvantage of these shredders is that they might require more work to maintain it and its supplies cost more. In addition, cross-cut shredders are strong-built and they can shred most kinds of documents.
- Strip-Cut Shredders – Strip-cut shredders slice paper into long and small strips. Strip-cut shredders usually can handle a lot of shredding work with lower maintenance needs. As a result of the shredded paper size, you will need to empty your basket frequently.
Choosing an Office Shredder
There are some questions you need to ask yourself when deciding on an office paper shredder. What type of document you will be shredding? Does you documents are top secret or sensitive? If you need the office shredder only to shred regular documents, when the standard office shredder will be good for you. But if your documents are top secret, then you might want to order more advanced one.
As the shredder you are going to buy will be used in an office, you should choose a shredder that can shred a minimum of 12 to15 sheets of paper at a time.
All in all, remember that this paper shredder should stay for long time in your office, so make sure it’s stable and come from a trusted office-products company.
With the manufacture of many different shredding machines, the accessories that come with them are also quickly made. The accessories are made to accompany the devices for a better shredding activity. The Shredders are usually manufactured with only a few different accessories. The two most common ones are the shredder waste bag and shredder oil. These accessories are used to maintain it and have a place to put the waste products in. These accessories make a shredder complete and gets the most out of having the device around to help organize your home or organisation. Read more…
In the usual office setting, there is always a time when there are a lot of documents that pile up which are no longer needed. It is that same time when the office workers are having a hard time looking for particular documents because there are many other documents to look through. This is where different types of office shredder come in. These shredders will solve the paper problem in any workplace. These shredders will make the lives of your workers easier because shredded paper is definitely distinguishable from the unshredded ones. Workers would just have to slip those unneeded documents then throw them away.
Identity Fraud is probably the fastest growing crime in the UK and it affects both businesses and individuals.Even though everyone thinks they know about identity fraud research has shown time and time again that it’s really not high up on the list of priorities of either consumers or businesses.
This week is National Identity Fraud Prevention Week; National Identity Fraud Prevention Week is a UK-wide effort to help in the battle against identity fraud.
Facts about Identity Fraud in the UK
According to National ID Fraud team:
- 95% of people believe ID fraud threatens them personally
- 7% of people states they have been victims of ID fraud
- 25% of people do not shred sensitive documents at home
- 88% of people who use social networking sites have shared items of personal information online that could be used by ID fraudsters
- 54% of people are concerned about having personal information stolen from organisations they deal with
- 96% of people are not completely confident that the organisations they deal with treat their personal information in such a way that it will not accidentally fall into the hands of identity fraudsters.
- 79% of employees admit identities could be at risk – yet 39% do not shred all high-risk documents before disposing of them when working away from their regular office environment, including 21% of victims.
- 61% of employees think their organisation should be doing more to ensure the secure handling of confidential documents relating to them, their colleagues and its customers.
- Company policies about identity fraud are down from 68% in 2008 to 52%; there is a corresponding increase in people’s lack of awareness about this issue (up from 11% in 2008 to 26% now) possibly reflecting employees’ verdicts on the effectiveness of policies.
Choosing the right shredder for your requirements
There are a number of different standards to the way shredders cut sensitive documents and it’s important that you choose the right shredder for your requirements.
Below you will find a list of the different DIN standards along with the level of sensitivity of a document.
- DIN Level 1 – General - Low Security Strips 12mm and thinner
- DIN Level 2 – Internal - Low-Medium Security Strips 6mm and thinner – Particles 800mm2 (max)“
- DIN Level 3 – Confidential - Medium Security Strips 2mm and thinner – Particles 4 x 80mm (max)
- DIN Level 4 – Secret - Medium-High Security – Particles 2 x 15mm
- DIN Level 4 – Top Secret - High Security – Particles 0.8 x 12mm
- DIN Level 4 – Highest Security - Particles 0.8 x 4mm
www.iClickShredders.co.uk: Supporting National Identity Fraud Prevention Week
iClick is fully behind the National Identity Fraud Prevention Week and realise one of the easiest ways to protect your personal and business data is to purchase a document shredder, visit www.iClickShredders.co.uk for more information.
iClick has proudly emailed out a massive newsletter to let as many people know as possible that we’ve launched our latest iClickStores website: www.iClickSafetySigns.co.uk
The website joins our growing range of iClickStores websites which include:
- www.iClickInk.co.uk - Offering a full range or printer consumables
- www.iClickDataStorage.co.uk - Offering a wide selection of data storage solutions for IT professionals and consumers
- www.iClickShredders.co.uk - We’ve got a massive number of shredders along with shredder accessories
- www.iClickSafetySigns.co.uk - Our latest iClickStores website – which we hope will become the first port of call for all signs needs
iClickStores are pleased to announce the launch of www.iClickShredders.co.uk. iClickShredders is the most recent iClick branded ecommerce website capitalising on the success of www.iClickInk.co.uk and www.iClickDataStorage.co.uk and increasing the overall brand portfolio.
As a part of the iClick brand, iClickStores is dedicated to creating niche ecommerce sites that are simple to use with products that offer exceptional quality and value for money.