You may be wondering how to make a printer run faster. Printing jobs can really slow down your business if you let them, so by optimising your processes you can make sure your business is running at peak performance
How to make a printer run faster
Below you will find 8 handy tips that will show you how to make a printer run faster.
- Break up large print jobs – the bigger your print jobs the more memory used between the computer and the printer and also between each sheet of paper – just chop down the number of pages, or the size of the files you’re printing out and you’ll find everything nicely speeds up.
- Reduce the print quality – do you really need to print out that email thread in super fine quality? NO!! Print it out using draft quality instead, you’ll save on ink and your printer will run faster!
- Don’t print out in colour – by printing in black and white you’re only going to have to use part of the mechanism in the printer which should give you that bit of a speedier print out, better still you’ll use let inkjet cartridges or printer toner cartridges.
- Connect your wireless printer with a USB – wireless printers are all the rage, they’re cool and they can be positioned anywhere – but are they really necessary? We managed before? Plus having a printer directly connected to your computer will mean you get to print out faster as the connection is faster.
- Add more memory – by adding memory to either you computer or your printer (oer both) you’ll be able to get a quickly print job output.
- Convert to PDF files – PDFs are print ready files – they print out much faster that other types of files, so don’t waste your time with big images, just get them printed.
- Remove unnessary applications from your computer – it takes memory for your computer to send a file to the printer, if you are running other memory intensive applications on your computer this will slow down the speed in which your computer and printer can communicate with each other. Just get rid of the rubbish you don’t need!
- Keep printed documents – use your printers in built memory to keep printed documents and instead of resending a document to be printed just select it from your printers past jobs list.
Remember the thing that makes your printer run slowest of all (kind of) is running out of ink! Don’t forget to visit iClickInk for all your printer ink and toner cartridge requirements.